So the results are in, out of 15 men, 14 of them indicated that they were interested in me. I feel bad that I wasn't interested in more of them, but alas that's how the cookie crumbles. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think I did a few things that led to this number of dates wanting to spend more time with me.
Ladies, listen up- maybe these things will work for you too:
1. I dressed cute with a touch of "sexy." I wore a black top, skinny jeans, red patent leather heels, and a tan blazer. A few guys told me I looked nice, and I think the red shoes gave them something to remember me by.
2. Even when I wasn't 100 percent interested I made a conscious effort to keep smiling. It had been a very long day and I was exhausted, but I tried very hard not to let it show.
3. I shook everyone's hands, immediately, and with a firm grip.
4. I tried to let them do most of the talking. I of course answered all of their questions but always brought it back to them.
5. I kept it light. Laughing and joking is good.
Now, unfortunately some of the guy did not do these things... so here's some advice as to what guys SHOULD NOT DO when speed dating- or dating in general.
1. Do not wear a "free" t-shirt (you know what I mean, those XXL shirts that get handed out on college campuses and sporting events) and have it tucked into outdated jeans.
2. Do not start the date by speaking in a foreign language. (Didn't happen to me, but did to a friend.)
3. Do not mention that in your free time your favorite hobby is playing with your two cats. (I like cats but I hope you have more interesting hobbies. - again this didn't happen to me but to a friend.)
4. Don't have a weak handshake. You're a man, shake hands like one.
5. Do not reference your ex-wife. Especially do not reference her more than 3 times in a 3 minute date.
6. Do not interrupt other people's conversations.
Have you tried speed dating? Would you? What advice do you have for daters?