Sunday, April 17, 2011

Restaurant Review: Angelo's Pizza

On Wednesday night The Dude and I went to dinner at Angelo's to utilize his Groupon!  I was excited to have their deep dish pizza (without cheese) but when I ordered it the waitress delivered some terrible news!  It turns out Angelo's puts cheese in their sauce!!  I'm glad she thought to tell me but I was still very disappointed.  I went with my second choice and ordered their Philly Steak sandwich that has Steak, Provolone Cheese, Mushrooms, Onions and Green Pepper.  I of course asked for it without the cheese, and as I dislike cooked mushrooms without those as well.  

This sandwich was AMAZING.  The meat was tender and flavorful and had a great ratio in comparison to the pepper and onion.  The roll that it was served on was toasted and had just the right amount of crunch.  It was served with a sauce that reminded me of cucumber sauce from a gyro- I didn't think to ask exactly what it was.  It was a sour cream-y sauce, and so I used only a little- which was stupid as I still ended up with a slight lump in my throat.    

The Dude got a deep dish pizza with pepperoni, banana peppers, and mushrooms.  He said he didn't like the mushrooms since they tasted canned, but enjoyed the pizza overall.  

I'd revisit Angelo's anytime, and since I have a Groupon of my own I will do so sooner than later!  

Angelo's Pizza on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Love Angelo's. It's a shame you couldn't have the pizza, but glad you found something!!

    ReplyDelete