Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Hour Happenings: Don's Lighthouse

Don's Lighthouse has been one of those places I've passed by for years but never spent much time in.  However recently I've had the pleasure of attending a few happy hours there and thought I should share my insights.

Their happy hour takes place Monday through Friday in their bar area from 3pm- 6:30pm and features several half price appetizers and special drink prices.  There are $5 Skyy Martinis and $1 off Draft Beer, House Wine, and Well Drinks.

From their appetizer menu my personal favorite is the sliders.  They cook them just right and they include a pickle, cheddar cheese (which I have removed) and fried onion straws.  Super tasty and quite filling.  I believe it comes 4 to a plate.  I also like their PEI Mussels- they are a healthy portion and are only $4.50!

For me I end up spending around $12 for a martini and some appetizers.  They're typically great to share so it's a perfect place for a small group to gather.


I have also gone for their Lobster Tail special on Tuesday's where you get a delicious lobster tail served with mashed potatoes and green beans for $15.  If you go before 6:30 and eat in the lounge you can pair this deal with the above happy hour specials making it a super value!  I can't eat the mashed potatoes due to dairy so I have french fries with mine and their fries were absolutely perfect!

Extra bonus, their bread and butter is amazing.  Soft in the middle with a nice crust on the outside.

Don's Lighthouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment