Saturday, September 4, 2010

Labor Day in Cleveland- Boats

I love Labor Day in Cleveland because of the Cleveland Air Show!

My parents own a 28 foot sailboat.  I kind of hate it.  It smells funky (at least to me) and has spiders all over it!  Me+Spiders+Not Much Room+Water= NOT GOOD! But the one time I really do love having it is Labor Day weekend when the Cleveland Air Show is going on.

As far back as I can remember we have spent Labor Day weekend hosting people out on the boat to watch either the Blue Angels or The Thunderbirds fly overhead doing aerial stunts.  Sometimes the stealth bomber is there, and there's always lots of fun stuff to see.

My coworkers Mr. D, and Mrs. W, both got in touch with my last night to say that they'd love to come with my family and I today to see the planes.  I'm very excited about this!  Mrs. W is bringing her husband and daughter with her which is great.  What is not turning out so great is the weather.... it sucks.  It's supposed to be in the mid 60s today and windy.  So it's looking like we will probably end up staying at the dock- we'll still see the planes plenty well, but we won't have as many direct flyovers which are SO COOL!  (These planes turn me into a 5 year old boy- I swear)

What are your favorite activities to do in Cleveland?

No comments:

Post a Comment