Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Restaurant Review: Buckeye Beer Engine

On Monday evening I had a date at Buckeye Beer Engine in Lakewood.  I'd forgotten that this is Cleveland Beer Week, and was surprised to see how packed the joint was.  Luckily my date got there early and snagged us two seats at the bar.

As chance would have it he sat down next to the representative from Unibroue, a brewery in Quebec that was hosting a tasting that evening.  When my date and I both ordered a flight of four different Unibroue beers the representative, Jay, offered to pay for them both!  Score!  We decided we should have something to eat while we drank so I suggested ordering the hummus.  My date decided to challenge me and my taste buds and suggested the roasted red pepper hummus instead.  I went with it.  It was very tastey- but I got a nasty case of heartburn, (which I hope I hid well) though I can not be sure that it was from the hummus and not the beer.

Usually when I go to the Beer Engine I order their burgers which are amazing.  AND they have delicious fried pickles! (Snooki would love this place!*)  So if you are ever in Lakewood and looking for a good meal and want a craft beer then head to the Beer Engine.  You can't even order a Miller Light there if you want to!

Good food, good company, good times!


Buckeye Beer Engine on Urbanspoon

*please don't judge me for my Jersey Shore references 

No comments:

Post a Comment