Thursday, November 11, 2010

Walkability

I'll be the first to admit that I have never been much of a walker, but in the past few years I have certainly started doing more of it.  My mother and her friends walk every morning for a few miles and have done so for many years now. This is another thing I really like about Cleveland (and my suburb, Lakewood); it is easy to walk places. 

The Huffington Post reported that Walk Score, a website that evaluates the "walkability" of an area, had ranked the 40 largest cities in the country and Cleveland came in at number 14.  If you check out Walk Score's website here you can see the break down by neighborhood for Cleveland as well.  Lakewood also has a very good score which you can check out here

How important is walkability to you??

No comments:

Post a Comment