Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kindle Love! Review!

I got a Kindle 3G for Christmas!!!  And, I love it!!! I did not get the DODO case that I wanted, but I did get a nice slim black leather case that protects it quite nicely.  Once it was charged and up and running I decided to start downloading some free books and games so I could get a feel for the device.

Since books published before 1923 are part of the public domain you can find copies of them free to download from Amazon.  I did several searches and this is what I have now on my Kindle, and how I have them sorted.

Games:
Mine Sweeper
Every Word
Jumble, 3 free puzzles (this is like a sample to get you to buy the whole thing)

Classics:
Siddhartha- Hermann Hesse (read in high school- wanted to re-read)
The Sayings of Confucius- Confucius
The Republic - Plato (read it freshman year of college- interested to see what I think now)
Utopia- Sir Saint Thomas More (read it in AP government- would like to re-read)
Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
The Tragedie of Hamlet - William Shakespeare (since I'll be teaching it)

Reference:
The New Oxford American Dictionary (came already installed)
Familiar Quotations- Various authors
25 Language Phrasebook- Mobile Reference (I think this too, is more of a sample.)

I also bought, for $5 The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

So far I know the Kindle will work for me because more than once I've reached for the top right corner and attempted to turn a page as I would with a book!  My biggest problem is knowing what to download/purchase.  What ideas do you have?  Favorite books? Must reads?  Let me know!  I'm once again aiming for 50 books in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment